The second season of Stranger Things has remained shrouded in mystery, with the showrunner’s remaining tight-lipped on any upcoming plot details.
Series co-creator Matt Duffer, via Entertainment Weekly’s full coverage spread of season 2, has teased some plot developments, as well as shown off a few images. First, some story details:
- Will (Noah Schnapp) “seems to be seeing images from the Upside Down—the question is whether they’re real or not. So it seems like he’s having some sort of post-traumatic stress disorder.”
- Joyce (Winona Ryder) gets a BF, played by none other than Sean Astin of The Goonies and Lord of the Rings fame: “I think she’s made this choice [to be in a relationship] with Bob (Astin) because she wants a good father figure in her sons’ lives.”
- Nancy (Natalia Dyer) and Mike (Finn Wolfhard) are taking the apparent losses of Barb (Shannon Purser) and Eleven (Millie Bobbie Brown) pretty hard, mourning in secret, although it’s having a serious effect on them.
- David Harbour’s Hopper is having a rough go trying to keep the events of season 1 secret, in order to protect Joyce and the kids from the potential fallout. “He’s struggling with the compromise that takes him to, having to lie and cover things up.”
- In line with the heavy Steven King influences, we’re getting a sinister human villain alongside the supernatural horrors of the Upside Down.
- And finally, in true 80s spirit, Dustin is getting some sort of alien pet.
And there you have it, your story details! This all sounds well and good to me. While it’s nothing super concrete, we do have an idea of the state of things that season 2 will be operating in.
Now, I promised some images, didn’t I? Well, ask no more:
Also, as an added adorable bonus, here’s a video of everybody’s favorite gang of misfits giving us some rules to follow if we ever want to kick it with them:
Stranger Things 2 hits Netflix this Halloween.